kmail failure

Christopher W Huggins chrishuggs at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Nov 9 19:42:33 GMT 2002

Hello,
I am a newbie, so I hope that I am addressing this enquiry to the
correct list.  I assume that my problem relates to KDE and not the OS.
I am running SuSE 8.0 with kde 3.0
Kmail has been operating fine until two weeks ago when, on trying to
open it, there was a message "KMail crashed and caused the signal 11
(SIGSEGV)".  The message suggested that this signal is often caused by a
bug and I could submit a bug report to the author.  However, until I can
open KMail I am unable to ascertain the name and address of the author.
I have saved the backtrace report and will submit this if any one thinks
they may be able to assist.  The report means nothing to me as I have no
knowledge of programming.
Thanks in anticipation
Chris