kmail failure

Jacques Levesque jacqueslevesque at loeufsanslapoule.com
Sat Nov 9 20:09:25 GMT 2002

Hi Chris,

You problably changed something on your kde system. Do you still have a mail
directory? If you do save it as a backup, and uninstall Kmail, and re-install
it, since it is dead for some weeks, I can say what is the problem, you
probably did something wrong, I mean something Kmail didn't liked.

Best regards,
Jacques Levesque

Le 9 Novembre 2002 14:42, Christopher W Huggins a écrit :
> Hello,
> I am a newbie, so I hope that I am addressing this enquiry to the
> correct list.  I assume that my problem relates to KDE and not the OS.
> I am running SuSE 8.0 with kde 3.0
> Kmail has been operating fine until two weeks ago when, on trying to
> open it, there was a message "KMail crashed and caused the signal 11
> (SIGSEGV)".  The message suggested that this signal is often caused by a
> bug and I could submit a bug report to the author.  However, until I can
> open KMail I am unable to ascertain the name and address of the author.
> I have saved the backtrace report and will submit this if any one thinks
> they may be able to assist.  The report means nothing to me as I have no
> knowledge of programming.
> Thanks in anticipation
> Chris

Jacques Levesque