Antw: Re: kdm / kdm_greet

Stefan Petersen petersen.s at Eppendorf.DE
Thu Nov 7 12:00:56 GMT 2002

>In the "configure" for Qt did you use: "-thread"??  Probably yes.
yes

>Did you edit your: "/etc/ld.so.conf" file??
Only LD_LIBRARY_PATH points to qt, not ld.so.conf.
A good idea, because I had also trouble with OpenOffice not
finding /usr/X11R6/lib. Adding the path to ld.so.conf solved it.

>Did you run [as root]: "ldconfig"??
Yes

>Did you edit your: "/etc/profile.d/qt.sh" file??
No, I don't know what this file is ???

>Note: you MUST rebuild KDE after changing to a new version of Qt!
This is really a good point, because since now I thought I can change
dynamically linked libraries, as long as they are binary compatible !?.
At Trolltech they have announced, that qt-3.1 will be binary compatible with
3.0.5, but NOT with 3.0.3. Is this not the case with KDE ?

Okay, 2 more questions then:

What is "/etc/profile.d/qt.sh" ?
Is KDE binary compatible between different qt-versions?

Thanks for your answer.

Stefan