Xinerama & kwin

Darrell Esau Darrell.Esau at Sun.COM
Mon Nov 4 21:16:56 GMT 2002

I find KWin's handling of xinerama very nice.

First, have you selected the Xinerama options that you want?

In KDE3.1:
Control Center --> Desktop --> Window Behavior --> Advanced tab

In KDE3.0.x:
Control Center --> Look and Feel --> Window Behavior --> Advanced tab

If you enable the window placement support, that may fix your problem totally.

If not, I've found that then this is enabled, the new window will pop up in
whichever screen the mouse pointer is currently.  I find that to work very
well.

-d