Xinerama & kwin

Adam I Howard ahoward at ecustomerdirect.com
Tue Nov 5 03:57:20 GMT 2002

Darrell Esau wrote:
> In KDE3.0.x:
> Control Center --> Look and Feel --> Window Behavior --> Advanced tab

The only options available in KDE 3.0.1 under the Advanced Window
Behavior tab are Shading (Animate/Hover) and Active Desktop Borders. Are
  you saying there's options that affect Xinerama support there?

> If you enable the window placement support, that may fix your problem totally.

In Control Center --> Look and Feel --> Window Behavior --> Moving
there is a Placement option, but I've setting it to Smart doesn't seem
to be making it any more intelligent for me :p

> If not, I've found that then this is enabled, the new window will pop up in
> whichever screen the mouse pointer is currently.  I find that to work very
> well.

I can't say I'm experiencing behavior quite this nice.

I probably should have mentioned this before, but I'm using KDE 3.0.1 as
packaged with Slackware 8.1. I saw Usenet postings that lead me to
believe Xinerama support is compiled into KDE on slackware, but maybe
it's not, and I'm just experiencing the default behavior...any insights
for me?

Thanks!

Adam