Xinerama & kwin

Adam I Howard ahoward at ecustomerdirect.com
Mon Nov 4 19:04:13 GMT 2002

Hello,

I just got Xinerama set up on my computer, and I've got two screens set
up with different resolutions (640x480, on an old PS/2 8513 monitor, and
1600x1200 on the hefty 20" Trinitron). Overall I'm fairly happy with how
this setup works, except that occasionally I'll start up a program and
its window location will end up entirely in the dead area below the
640x480 screen, and I'll have to maximize that window in order to find
it, get ahold of it, and resize it somewhere where I can see it.

Is it possible to set up kwin so that it will avoid placing windows in
the dead area of my screen setup? or is there another window manager I
can swap in that will do this (and how to do so)? :)

Thanks for your help!

Adam