no antialiasing for Luxi fonts?

CiAsA S'Nuey Boark ciasaboark at telocity.com
Mon Jun 24 18:33:36 BST 2002

On Monday 24 June 2002 06:32 pm, Denys Duchier wrote:
> They are truetype fonts.  I have heard that they do not have very good
> hints and thus do not antialias optimally.  However, on my system,
> they do not (visibly) antialias at all.  I have used xmag to observe
> rendered text more closely and indeed I can detect for them no
> antialiasing.

Thats weird, I just checked and i do have those fonts.  They AA corectly for
me:
http://64.129.133.53/~ciasa/snapshots/luxi.png

What version of freetype did you compile kde against?  Or what version do you
have on your system?  I have libfreetype 6.3 (Freetype 2).  Not sure what
other libs AA depends upon.
--
Alas, how love can trifle with itself!
		-- William Shakespeare, "The Two Gentlemen of Verona"

Jonathan Nelson [icq=56665957] [aim=ciasaboark]