no antialiasing for Luxi fonts?

Denys Duchier Denys.Duchier at ps.uni-sb.de
Tue Jun 25 17:16:11 BST 2002

"CiAsA S'Nuey Boark" <ciasaboark at telocity.com> writes:

> What version of freetype did you compile kde against?  Or what
> version do you have on your system?  I have libfreetype 6.3
> (Freetype 2).  Not sure what other libs AA depends upon.

As I mentioned previously, I am running redhat 7.3 / KDE 3.0.  I
installed their distro and I don't know how it is supposed to work.
It is running a font server and apparently the magic happens there
rather than in the X server itself.  I have no clue how xft is
supposed to fit in there.  All I know is that I managed to get Arial
and Verdana antialiasing just fine after some fiddling in XftConfig,
but that the Luxi fonts just won't play along no matter what.  The
freetype rpms on my system are:

freetype-2.0.9-2
freetype-devel-2.0.9-2

How is it possible that some truetype fonts get antialiased and others
not?

Cheers,

Dr. Denys Duchier			Denys.Duchier at ps.uni-sb.de
Forschungsbereich Programmiersysteme	(Programming Systems Lab)
Universitaet des Saarlandes, Geb. 45	http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~duchier
Postfach 15 11 50			Phone: +49 681 302 5618
66041 Saarbruecken, Germany		Fax:   +49 681 302 5615