Problem with kstart in 3.0.1

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Jun 3 01:57:47 BST 2002

Renaud MICHEL wrote:

> I upgraded to KDE 3.0.1 with Mandrake packages, it is good but I have a few
> problems.
> I have gkrellm started on KDE launch with the script
>
> /opt/kde3/bin/kstart --ontop --alldesktops --window gkrellm \
> /usr/X11R6/bin/gkrellm -geometry -0+0

A similar script works for me with XClock on KDE-3 when I start it from
an icon on the desktop.

So, I really don't know.  I do note that KStart also has the "geometry"
option.  It might be getting confused.

Have you tried:

/opt/kde3/bin/kstart --ontop --alldesktops --window gkrellm \
"/usr/X11R6/bin/gkrellm -geometry -0+0"

or

/opt/kde3/bin/kstart --ontop --alldesktops --window gkrellm --geometry \
-0+0  /usr/X11R6/bin/gkrellm

--
JRT