Problem with kstart in 3.0.1

Renaud MICHEL renaud.michel at student.ulg.ac.be
Mon Jun 3 11:35:52 BST 2002

Le Lundi 3 Juin 2002 00:57, James Richard Tyrer a écrit :
> A similar script works for me with XClock on KDE-3 when I start it from
> an icon on the desktop.
>
> So, I really don't know.  I do note that KStart also has the "geometry"
> option.  It might be getting confused.
>
> Have you tried:
>
> /opt/kde3/bin/kstart --ontop --alldesktops --window gkrellm \
> "/usr/X11R6/bin/gkrellm -geometry -0+0"
>
> or
>
> /opt/kde3/bin/kstart --ontop --alldesktops --window gkrellm --geometry \
> -0+0  /usr/X11R6/bin/gkrellm

Trying them from a konsole they don't work, the first is the same I do,
removing the --ontop work correctly, the --geometry of kstart does nothing,
as it would apply to the main kstart window but kstart has no window.
I searched if there was an option for a desktop file to have the program
started on top and all desktop but didn't find (I found the desktop file
standard on the KDE developpers site but not the KDE extensions to the
standard).

--
Renaud Michel

L'homme est un être raisonnable, mais les hommes le sont-ils ?
Raymond Aron, Dimensions de la conscience historique