[kde]

Frank Reifenstahl f.reifenstahl at seelig.de
Tue Jul 16 10:20:51 BST 2002

> > > I don't know anything about KDE development but I don't think we can
> > > blame the good looking screens for problems in stability.
> >
> > That's true. But I take the liberty to blame the KDE project for
> > attaching that much importance on beautifying and denying their original
> > objective targets by applying a commercial parlance.
>
> I would say, about a year ago, beautifying the desktop was the number
> one user request. Now, people have worked hard, and the request has been
> satisfied, largely.
>
> Now, others see fit to "condemn" KDE for doing what the users asked.
> Presumably, b/c KDE does not do what the users want.

Don't be cross with me, but that's wearying, anyhow. The 3.1 alpha looks nice,
really, but for the world that's no excuse for that decreasing stability
through all KDE3 micro releases. You can't comprehend? Keep watching kde
related mailing lists like yours or suse-kde. I don't criticize for the fun
of it, but because of waiting for the big one  - and growing disappointed. We
all are really in need for software supporting our work, not hindering or
producing more of it.

Enough with it :/

Kind regards
Frank