[kde]

Frank Reifenstahl f.reifenstahl at seelig.de
Tue Jul 16 09:21:35 BST 2002

> In the field of human-computer interaction, stability is usually
> considered to be an attribute of system acceptability outside the scope of
> usability. When studying usability we assume that a system is already
> stable, and further, improving usability must not lead to trade-offs in
> stability.

Somehow that's too scholastic for me. I got an academic education, but outside
the university and beyond research one needs functionality, not theory.

> I don't know anything about KDE development but I don't think we can blame
> the good looking screens for problems in stability.

That's true. But I take the liberty to blame the KDE project for attaching
that much importance on beautifying and denying their original objective
targets by applying a commercial parlance.

Regards
Frank