WOW. . .those screenshots of 3.1Alpha are fantastic

Mary Stamper mstamper77 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 14 17:51:29 BST 2002

Points well taken.......however, it seems to me that you have actually described the gap that I've
been talking about. The KDE developers are happily doing their thing in their own little world
(which is probably a pretty cool world to be in....I'm hoping to get some time eventually to join
in) and there's nothing inherently wrong with that..........but...........
when those of us that think we have here a viable option to windows that deserves more recognition
and perhaps even some funding, we somehow have to sell the idea to those in power.....and that's
where the priorities start to conflict..........you see, it's as if we are chopping away at a huge
mountain each from different sides,some of us hoping to meet in the middle, others not caring
whether we meet at all........

And, FYI, I'm also a Macintosh fan, because I think that the gui itself is far more user-friendly
than M$ and in general a superior product in terms of ease of use. Yet it's use is isolated to a
small, marginal group of loyal users.

I feel very sad that that could easily (and probably will) happen to us KDE/unix users. I firmly
believe that we have a desktop that is already far superior to windows, and offers some things
that are superior to the mac as well (at least for my taste).

And I don't necessary want to blow M$ off the face of the earth......that isn't realistic or even
productive.......I just want people to see that they DO have more choices......

Forgive me if I sound like I'm ignoring you....I am not.......this is actually a complex problem,
and perhaps actually belongs somewhere else. I'll look into some other options to discuss these
issues.

Sorry if I offended you.......I do appreciate your work......