kmail: sending/receiving messages in HTML

Benjamin Lee Solosy aethereal at aethereal.net
Mon Dec 9 18:45:42 GMT 2002

Thank you very much for your reply, Ingo!

However, your reply in turn raises a couple major questions which I hope that
somebody (anybody with the time and inclination) might be able to
answer/explain:

1.  Why does "KMail currently send all messages with Content-Type:
text/plain?"  I'm sure there is a reason (probably even a very good one), but
I'm just curious why that is.  (The functionality for HTML composing in KMail
seems so close to complete that I am especially curious why this is the case.
As discussed previously, even the facility to open up an external HTML editor
and insert HTML code into a message body is provided by KMail.)
2.  Why do so many people seem to erroneously believe that HTML composing in
KMail works if in fact it doesn't?  :-)  Aside from the fact that the KMail
Documentation indicates that it is possible, I have come across many Usenet
postings in my research by people who claim to be able to send HTML messages
in KMail!  :-)  Are these people in fact able to send HTML messages in KMail
(somehow), or are they simply *wrong*?

Here is just one example: