misconfigured kde2

joshua lokken joloxbox at attbi.com
Mon Aug 19 06:56:28 BST 2002

On Friday 16 August 2002 02:12 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Joshua Lokken wrote:
> > Hello all:
> >
> > I am a newbie.  Is there a more appropriate list for those of us
> > without much of a clue?
>
> Until there is a: "kde-bsd" list, this is it unless you want to also
> ask on a BSD NG or list.

> The stock KDE installation has two menu items for XMMS.  Are you
> using "Enqueue in XMMS" for the MIME association?  Will it play if
> you tell XMMS to play it?

No.  I have XMMS as the first setting, then Enqueue...  Today, I
switched it to Enqueue first.  At least the file will play this way.  I
just have to manually start it.  With XMMS [play] as the first option,
it still won't play the track, manually or automagically.

> Do you have KMix in the System Tray?  Does its volume control work?
> Is KMix properly configured for your sound card?  IIRC in KDE 2 it
> sometimes screwed up doing that.

No, I don't.  I'll check it out.

> Are you using the: "artsdsp" wrapper to open "avifile"?
>
> 	artsdsp aviplay %f
>
> in the menu item.  This isn't needed in KDE3, but it might help with
> 2.
>
> Sorry that I don't have any certain answers.  Some of this might have
> been fixed in KDE 3 or you might want to update to KDE 2.2.2 if that
> isn't what you have.  There is supposed to be an aRts plugin (or
> something) for XMMS, you might look into that.

Hey, thanks for the reply.  These are good places to start.  Take care
all.

--
Sturgeon's Law:
	90% of everything is crud.