Best Way to "archive" email

Howard Coles dhcolesj at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 18 14:40:55 BST 2002

I am using Kmail, and I have accumulated several thousand messages.  To
Kmail's credit it hasn't shown any signs of wear.
The question is how can I "archive" messages so that I don't have them in my
active mailbox when I start Kmail but could access them if questions arose?

The email system I manage at work (GroupWise) has an "archive" function that
lets me pull all the email from my main mailbox and store them on my hard
drive for longer term storage.  This lightens the load on the server and
keeps my mail from getting removed by the system enforced clean up policy.
--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.