Configuring Web-URL?

Sean McGlynn sean at tmiau.com
Fri Aug 16 19:48:28 BST 2002

On Friday 16 August 2002 04:38, Glen Lee Edwards wrote:
> On Thursday 15 August 2002 05:31 pm, Sean McGlynn wrote:
> > On Thursday 15 August 2002 20:59, Glen Lee Edwards wrote:
> > > Is there a way to configure/disable Web-URL?
> >
> > Hello Glen,
> >
> > Yes, click on the klipper icon in the system tray (it's the little
> > red clipboard with the 'K' in it :-) and select 'Preferences...'
>
> It wasn't there - system tray was empty.  Best guess is; I'm using FVWM
> as the window manager.  That probably has something to do with it.

Hmm, but it is running though or else you wouldn't be having problems of
course. Have you got the KDE panel (aka "kicker") running or are you using
something different under FVWM?

If you are running kicker, try killing the klipper process and then restart
it from 'K -> Utilities -> Cut & Paste History'
Does that get the icon back into the system tray?
Do the keyboard sequences for klipper work, even if you can't get the icon
displayed?

> I switched to the KDE window manager and made the changes per your
> instructions.  All the web browsers were already listed in the Advanced
> section you mentioned.  On going back to FVWM as the window manager
> everything went back to like it was before I made the changes.
> Apparently klipper and FVWM don't get along.  At this point it looks
> like I'm going to have to disable klipper.

That's a shame. It could definitely be to do with FVWM though. The window
manager probably has to be "Window Manager Specification" compliant
(see http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/wm-spec.html).
Looking at http://www.fvwm.org it seems that the support is in the 2.5
development branch, but not in the 2.4 stable branch.

> Thanks for the detailed response.

You're welcome :-)

> Glen

Cheers,