knewsticker

Okan Kolak okan at cs.umd.edu
Fri Aug 9 18:26:15 BST 2002

        Hi,

        I've just started using knewsticker (KDE version 2.2.1 on
Solaris), and have a problem with icons. When I add a news source, the
icon for the source does not apper. As an example, below is the Icon line
for Fox News,

Icon=http://www.foxnews.com/images/fnc_icon.ico

and no icon is displayed next to Fox News entry in the menu or in the
scrolling news. Icons for the default news sites (e.g. CNN) are displayed
correctly. I tried copying the icon file and using file: instead of http:
but that did not work either.

        The same problem occurs at my home computer (KDE 3.0 on Red Hat
7.3) too. Any idea?

        Thanks,

Okan KOLAK
Computer Science Department, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA
e-mail: okan at cs.umd.edu
voice : (301) 405-6746
fax   : (509) 471-0596
URL   : http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/okan