100% CPU - kdeinit / klauncher

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun Aug 4 08:40:46 BST 2002

Tim wrote:
> On Saturday 03 August 2002 04:04 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>Brian T. Schellenberger wrote:

>>>When I do CTRL-ESC, it pops up a window that says "system guard - process
>>>table" and then on top of that pops up an error dialog with that message;
>>
> the
>
>>>rest of the window is blank.
>>>

>>We are guessing :-|
>>

> I have only had success at running SysGuard as root.

This is a problem.  On Linux (RH 7.3 modified) it will run as user, no
problem.  As user, you can only kill the processes which you own, but it
will show all of them.

Can you check the permissions of the executable:

	ls -l `which ksysguard`

??

They should be root:root:755

That is: "-rwxr-xr-x" if you aren't used to converting it to Octal.

--
JRT