[kde-solaris] KDE3 problems

Martín Marqués martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Fri Apr 12 22:09:42 BST 2002

On Vie 12 Abr 2002 17:31, Karsten Künne wrote:
> On Friday 12 April 2002 15:28, Martín Marqués wrote:
> | OK, I'll try to layout all the KDE3 problems I have found so far (some
> | are really bad ones)
> |
> | konqueror:
> | 1) Problems with the fonts.   looks like a little square, and not
> | like a blank space.
>
> There are two solutions to this. First you can use only Truetype fonts.
> Simply put /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType into your fontpath with
> "xset +fp /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType; xset fp rehash" and use
> "Arial" for instance. Second you can apply the attached patch from CVS and
> recompile khtml.

This is terrible!!!! Will I have to comile all over again, or only khtml?

> | 2) Images look horrible: We have PNG images generated with MRTG that look
> | horrible. The colors don't match.
>
> I see the same. Even the no-software-patents image on www.kde.org is
> affected.

Any words from the developers?

> | 3) Images and icons don't get downladed, not even from a server inside
> | our local net.
> |
> | konsole:
> | Programs like mc look horrible. The edges are caracters like @#!
> |
> | kmail:
> | New mails go to the top, even when I have order by arrival.
> |
> | P.D.: I'm on Solaris 8.
>
> I would add artsd to the list. Apparently it looses filedescriptors and
> stops working after some time. I already reported it to bugs.kde.org.
>
> But besides that KDE 3.0 works great! The imap support in kmail is so much
> better.

Yes, but I never had so many problems with a KDE upgrade.

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?
Martín Marqués                  |        mmarques at unl.edu.ar
Programador, Administrador, DBA |       Centro de Telematica
                       Universidad Nacional
                            del Litoral