[kde-solaris] KDE3 problems

Karsten Künne kuenne at rentec.com
Fri Apr 12 21:31:58 BST 2002

On Friday 12 April 2002 15:28, Martín Marqués wrote:
| OK, I'll try to layout all the KDE3 problems I have found so far (some are
| really bad ones)
|
| konqueror:
| 1) Problems with the fonts.   looks like a little square, and not like
| a blank space.

There are two solutions to this. First you can use only Truetype fonts. Simply
put /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType into your fontpath with "xset +fp
/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType; xset fp rehash" and use "Arial" for
instance. Second you can apply the attached patch from CVS and recompile
khtml.

I see the same. Even the no-software-patents image on www.kde.org is affected.

| 3) Images and icons don't get downladed, not even from a server inside our
| local net.
|
| konsole:
| Programs like mc look horrible. The edges are caracters like @#!
|
| kmail:
| New mails go to the top, even when I have order by arrival.
|
| P.D.: I'm on Solaris 8.

I would add artsd to the list. Apparently it looses filedescriptors and stops
working after some time. I already reported it to bugs.kde.org.

But besides that KDE 3.0 works great! The imap support in kmail is so much
better.

--
Karsten.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler."
   -Albert Einstein