KDE3 compatibility with KDE2

David Olszyński hisaak at mrkvoslav.ascs.muni.cz
Thu Apr 11 19:02:53 BST 2002

Dne pá 12. duben 2002 09:06 akar napsal(a):
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:44, David Olszyński wrote:
> > I used pager for several days but it suffers from memory leaks, is quite
> > slow and cannot be placed on the same position as that applet.
>
> I think we are talking about different things. I do not mean the kpager but
> the pager that is built into the desktop applet. It can be adjusted for
> horizontal/vert/classical.  The actual Desktop applett has not changed at
> all as far as I can see. It always shows 4 squares with 1,2 on top and 3,4
> under them when the panel is medium or larger or if the panel is small then
> it puts them all in a row. Is this what you mean?

Yes, exactly.

> I think that has always
> been the case.

The problem is that in kde-2.x there was always (as i remember) layout
135
246
and now it changed to
123
456.
It's small change but quite annoying when you are used to something else.

But I finally made some small changes in the source code, compiled it and i'm
satisfied now. ;-)

hisaak