ICON Problems (fwd)

John F Meinel jfmeinel at ct.radiology.uiowa.edu
Mon Apr 8 23:40:44 BST 2002

I just manually compiled and installed kde-3.0
However, none of the icons are showing up.  Well, almost none.
If I switch to the LoColor theme, most of the small icons show up, and a
couple of the big icons do.  (Specifically the life-raft, desktop, but not
the K symbol, or the configuration manager icon).
This continues to the point that even qt-designer doesn't have the proper
pictures.  Does anyone know what could cause this?

I had to custom install everything in ~/local because I don't have su
priveledges.  And it does come up and run, and the only problem I've had
is that it won't display icons.

I tried to compile libpng1.2.1 for use with everything else, and maybe
that's my problem.

Alternatively, it could be that my qt plugins are bad.  Anyone have any
ideas?

Thanks,
John
=:->