Wallpaper images not displaying

Albert Schueller schuelaw at whitman.edu
Sat Apr 6 04:11:17 BST 2002

Quoting James Richard Tyrer (tyrerj at acm.org):
> > I have just recently upgraded to KDE3.0 (which is quite good), but my
> > wallpaper images are not being displayed now.  The preview images don't
> > even show up under the customize background configure.  Does anyone have
> > any idea why this would be happening.  (BTW - I had KDE2.2.2 previously
> > and did not have this problem.)
>
> I need to ask a very basic question: where are your wallpapers?  That
> is, what is the full path to the files.
>
> You might have like installed KDE 3 in "/usr/kde3" and KDE2 was
> installed somewhere else.

I'm having the same problem on a freshly compiled kde3 final.  I'm not
sure that KDEDIR matters.  If you "browse" to the image you want, it
shouldn't matter what your KDEDIR is.  Chances are it's set properly any
way because kde won't run otherwise.  Furthermore, I know mine is set
properly and it's not working.  At first I thought it might be a problem
with jpg support, but konqueror can display jpgs just fine.  If one kde
app can do it, shouldn't they all be able to do it?

Ideas anyone?