Wallpaper images not displaying

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Apr 6 01:00:26 BST 2002

Darrin Smith wrote:

> I have just recently upgraded to KDE3.0 (which is quite good), but my
> wallpaper images are not being displayed now.  The preview images don't
> even show up under the customize background configure.  Does anyone have
> any idea why this would be happening.  (BTW - I had KDE2.2.2 previously
> and did not have this problem.)

I need to ask a very basic question: where are your wallpapers?  That
is, what is the full path to the files.

You might have like installed KDE 3 in "/usr/kde3" and KDE2 was
installed somewhere else.

That is, if the wallpapers are in: "/usr/share/wallpapers" and KDE3 is
installed in: "/usr/kde3" then KDE3 isn't going to find the wallpapers
since it will be looking in: "/usr/kde3/share/wallpapers".

In any case, look in "$KDEDIR/share/wallpapers/" and see what's there.
And do you have KDEDIR set correctly?

--
JRT