Retirement of Drupal 7/8 sites (kdevelop, skrooge, blogs, behindkde)

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Jan 16 08:27:59 GMT 2023

On Sonntag, 15. Januar 2023 08:04:18 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi all,

<snip>

> In the case of KDevelop and Skrooge, it would make the most sense to
> convert them both into Hugo websites to minimise the long term maintenance
> cost and to make them part of the KDE family of sites.
> If anyone would like to work on this please contact me and I will arrange
> for a sanitized database copy to be made available to you.
>
> In the event that doesn't happen, converting them into static sites seems
> like the best path forward.

I agree, we really need to make the kdevelop website a static one. One way or
another, can you please send me the database copy already such that we keep
that state archived at least?

Do we have a tool or someone with basic knowledge of converting from Drupal 8
to Hugo? I have limited time for this, but before the website gets nuked
completely, I'll try to find some time to at least get a basic static version
out and up and running. But any help would be really appreciated on that
front.

Thanks

--
Milian Wolff