Retirement of Drupal 7/8 sites (kdevelop, skrooge, blogs, behindkde)

Alexander Zhigalin alexander at zhigalin.tk
Mon Jan 16 08:59:51 GMT 2023

In data 16/01/2023 09:27:59 CET, Milian Wolff ha scritto:
> On Sonntag, 15. Januar 2023 08:04:18 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > Hi all,

Hello

> <snip>
>
> > In the case of KDevelop and Skrooge, it would make the most sense to
> > convert them both into Hugo websites to minimise the long term maintenance
> > cost and to make them part of the KDE family of sites.
> > If anyone would like to work on this please contact me and I will arrange
> > for a sanitized database copy to be made available to you.
> >
> > In the event that doesn't happen, converting them into static sites seems
> > like the best path forward.
>
> I agree, we really need to make the kdevelop website a static one. One way
> or another, can you please send me the database copy already such that we
> keep that state archived at least?
>
> Do we have a tool or someone with basic knowledge of converting from Drupal
> 8 to Hugo? I have limited time for this, but before the website gets nuked
> completely, I'll try to find some time to at least get a basic static
> version out and up and running. But any help would be really appreciated on
> that front.

There are tools or rather helpers because they require manual operations
either before and after the conversion.
I don't have conversion to Hugo experience but I worked both on Hugo and on
Drupal sites and it seems like a reasonably fast job to do so if you need
someone I'm here.
Btw, is someone already working on it? Because all the pages besides home and
downloads are in maintenance right now.