Retirement of Drupal 7/8 sites (kdevelop, skrooge, blogs, behindkde)

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Mon Jan 16 23:58:20 GMT 2023

On 1/16/23 02:33, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 12:08 PM Phu Hung Nguyen <phu.nguyen at kdemail.net
> <mailto:phu.nguyen at kdemail.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 15/01/2023 08:04, bcooksley at kde.org <mailto:bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
>      > For blogs.kde.org <http://blogs.kde.org>, I am in two minds as to
>     the best approach here, with
>      > Wordpress and Hugo both appearing as candidates for this site.
>      > Opinions welcome, especially if you are someone that currently
>     uses it.
>
>     I don't use this site, so I'm not gonna pick WordPress or Hugo.
>     However,
>     if Hugo is selected, I can do the porting to Hugo.
>

> At this point it is looking like Hugo may be the preferred candidate for
> blogs.kde.org <http://blogs.kde.org>, but we'll see if anyone else has a
> view first.

For what it's worth, I'd prefer Wordpress for anything that uses a
post/blog format. I find it to be easy to use and it's got loads of
features. It's what I use for my site and it's helped keep my blogging
productivity high. But I can appreciate the difficulty of syncing up the
theming between Wordpress and Hugo sites--though we may have to tackle
this anyway if the Dot ends up using Wordpress (which I also support).

Nate