jp.kde.org migration to invent.kde.org and new web server / deployment process

Jumpei Ogawa phanective at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 09:23:05 BST 2020

Hi,

I'm a contributor to the Japanese community website <https://jp.kde.org>.

Recently, we have migrated from Capacity to KDE Jekyll Theme. (Thanks to
Carl Schwan for the help!)

As the next step, I want to migrate jp.kde.org's git repository and the web
server it runs.

1. Git repository migration to invent.kde.org

I want to migrate the Git repo from cgit to GitLab (invent.kde.org).
Here is the repository I migrated: https://invent.kde.org/jogawa/jp-kde-org

I think this repository should be under https://invent.kde.org/websites/.
Can you transfer the repository? I guess I don't have permission to
transfer.

Note:
Actually, I had used GitLab.com <https://gitlab.com/kdecommunity/jp.kde.org>
to store the source code and cgit to deploy the built files because
Phabricator-based development was a bit hard for me.
So I imported gitlab.com/kdecommunity/jp.kde.org to
invent.kde.org/jogawa/jp-kde-org. cgit.kde.org/websites/jp-kde-org.git can
be discarded after the webserver or deployment process migration (if
necessary).

2. Migration to the new webserver (or changing deployment process)

Currently, I can deploy the website by pushing to
cgit.kde.org/websites/jp-kde-org.git. I wonder if we should migrate to the
new web server or change the deployment process.

If we should, can you tell me how to migrate?

I also want to know if .htaccess works on new webserver because we
currently use it for the redirection.
(Configuring redirection by another way is still fine for me.)

Best Regards,
Jumpei Ogawa (小川 純平)