Password Recovery

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Nov 22 09:44:03 GMT 2018

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 9:08 PM Don Robertson (don)
<don at robertson.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi - how do I recover my password if I don't remember my username? I need both a user name and an email address to reset password. Do I need to create a new email address every time I want to log into the KDE forums?

Hi Don,

Sorry about the issues you've had accessing your Identity account.
I've taken a look and your Identity username is 'drobertson'.

> Honestly - did nobody think that requiring both a username and a password would cause problems? I've used KDE since Kandalf, and don't often need to ask questions - I have probably didn't even need a password manager last time I logged in ....
>
> Okay - so I found it in an old encrypted file on backup that hasn't been used for years. Now not only to I have to figure out why my address book isn't syncing, I have wasted most of the morning just logging in. You do want to know when people have problems, right?

I'm afraid I can't comment in regards to KMail / Kontact, but someone
on the forum can hopefully help you with that issue.

> Tempting to just go back to thunderbird.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin