migration to new WKO website

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Mar 8 08:18:46 UTC 2018

Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot for your input!

On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 19:56:00 +1300
Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:

> > The new www.kde.org website (just www.kde.org, no subdomains for
> > now!) seems to be almost good to go live, so let's discuss how this
> > can be done in the most smooth way. We want to iron out remaining
> > issues before the switch and have the migration go smoothly. This
> > means, anybody who sees problems, please speak before March 12th up
> > and help fix them!
>
> Sorry, but where did the March 12th deadline come from? It's the first
> time i've heard about it.

I've picked it as to have people speak up within a reasonable
timeframe. We don't want this process to drag on forever, so adding an
expectation when we need to have feedback so it can be incorporated
allows us to not waste too much time of those working on it and the
money of those who pay for the work.

It's not a deadline for the migration per se, we need to iron out
serious issues before we can migrate, and that is why we're asking for
feedback at this point.

I'll leave answering your other questions to Haris, he knows the
underlying tech, I don't.

sebas

    http://vizZzion.org   ⦿    http://www.kde.org