migration to new WKO website

Olaf Schmidt-Wischhöfer olaf at amen-online.de
Fri Mar 9 08:57:55 UTC 2018

Hi Sebastian,

I see that the KDE Free Qt Foundation website is not included in the new
sitemap: https://www.kde.org/community/whatiskde/kdefreeqtfoundation.php

Who decided to remove it?

I already has to complain once on this list about its removal during
www.kde.org redesign. Then a link was added to the bottom of the page, and I
was assured that the Capacity content would be kept.

Am Donnerstag, 8. März 2018, 09:18:46 CET schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> > Sorry, but where did the March 12th deadline come from? It's the first
> > time i've heard about it.
>
> I've picked it as to have people speak up within a reasonable
> timeframe.

This process is deeply flawed. You cannot set a deadline
“Speak up immediately, or we will randomly delete content on www.kde.org”.

It needs to be the other way around: Removal can only be made after a careful
evaluation, possibly with redirects in place.

Best regards, Olaf