do you need www.kde.org write access?

Nick Boyce nick.boyce at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 17:17:41 UTC 2018

On 7 March 2018 at 15:06, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> [This discussion should go to the kde-www list ...]
>
> On woensdag 7 maart 2018 15:31:50 CET Nick Boyce wrote:
>> On 7 March 2018 at 11:31, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
>> > We have been working on a modernized website and backend for www.kde.org.
>> > The new site will do away with the old PHP custom CMS and will run
>> > wordpress instead.
[...]
>> To avoid my wasting everyone's time by repeating debates I'm sure must
>> already have occurred in depth regarding this decision, can anyone
>> please point me to any publicly accessible archive there may be of
>> such debate ?
>
> There have been two threads discussing this in the past months:
>
> * "Capacity / Wordpress Integration Theme" in August 2017
> * "Wordpress Changeover" in December 2017

Thanks Sebas.  For the benefit of anyone else who's interested, here they are:

https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-www/2017-August/006859.html
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-www/2017-December/006936.html

It looks to me as if there is at least one person watching kde.org's
back on the security aspect here - Ben Cooksley - so I'm breathing
easier now :)

I'll keep any further comment from me on the kde-www list.

Cheers
Nick Boyce