Choice of username on identity.kde.org

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Mar 16 09:47:10 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 9:41 PM, Dennis Schridde
<dennis.schridde at uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> Hi!

Hi Dennis,

> Since identity.kde.org has no Product entry in bugs.kde.org, I am writing to
> you by email: It would be very much preferrable, if I could choose my username
> on identity.kde.org.
>
> In my particular case, I need one account for my private activities and one
> for my work at my current company. (Due to contractual reasons I am not
> allowed to use my private account at work or the other way round.) At other
> sites it worked well so far, to use my regular FOSS-project handle
> "devurandom" for my private account and "urzds" for my work account related to
> my current employer. It would be great, if I could do the same on
> identity.kde.org.

As this will be a multiple registration, please email sysadmin at kde.org
with the needed details surrounding the two accounts.

Note that KDE Community policy generally requires that Identity
usernames match people's real name in some form - we'll need to come
up with an alternative for this usecase however.

> Best regards,
> Dennis

Regards,
Ben Cooksley