links on https://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Sources/en

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed May 18 07:03:38 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks, someone in #kde-www mentioned at many links to
> projects.kde.org are still on techbase, so I logged in and started
> cleaning them up.
>
> This page: https://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Sources/en has
> loads of links, and I don't seem to be able to find Quickgit
> alternatives. Examples:
>
> "The '''Qt KDE''' module is a clone of the latest Qt release." - but I
> can find no quickgit link.

Qt KDE is now just a mirror of Qt.
If it was supposed to refer to Qt 4, then
https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=qt.git is the right link.

> kdesupport -- same.

kdesupport isn't something that Quickgit easily supports as Quickgit
has no concept of repository folders as such.
Phabricator will probably have a tag for repositories that are in "KDE
Support", but until all the repositories are setup in there (needs to
be scripted, and then repos need to be assigned appropriate tags, for
which projects will need to be setup)

> In fact, I'm giving up on fixing that page, and would ask for someone
> more knowledgeable than me to login and fix it.
>
> I believe that at some point it will probably be moved to Community
> wiki once accurate and up-to-date, since it no longer fits the
> definition of what Techbase is for.
>
> Valorie

Cheers,
Ben