pretty mailman listinfo pages?

"Gérard Talbot" browserbugs at gtalbot.org
Sun May 19 22:05:08 UTC 2013

> On 2013-05-19 18:48 (GMT+0200) Lydia Pintscher composed:
>
>> I love what Wikimedia and Openhatch did with some of their mailman
>> pages:

Cabal-L mailing list unstyled body font-size and line-height:

inline style at line 27:
p {
    line-height: 180%;
}

inline style at line 8:
body {
    font-family: 'Open Sans',sans-serif;
    font-size: 13px;
    color: rgb(43, 43, 43);
}

It is generally admitted and acknowledged that absolute pixel size for
text is a bad idea. Best is to use 1em or 100% or medium which correspond
to the users' preferred font size for body text.

line-height: 180% is okay although 150% is recommended.

events at lists.openhatch.org

at line 224 of

http://lists.openhatch.org/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.css

body {
  margin: 0;
  font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
  font-size: 14px;
  line-height: 20px;
  color: #333333;
  background-color: #ffffff;
}

Same thing here: absolute pixel size for text. Line-height should be
proportional, relative to font-size.

Gérard