pretty mailman listinfo pages?

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Mon May 20 12:45:32 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:05 AM, "Gérard Talbot"
<browserbugs at gtalbot.org> wrote:
> Cabal-L mailing list unstyled body font-size and line-height:
>
> inline style at line 27:
> p {
>     line-height: 180%;
> }
>

> inline style at line 8:
> body {
>     font-family: 'Open Sans',sans-serif;
>     font-size: 13px;
>     color: rgb(43, 43, 43);
> }
>
> It is generally admitted and acknowledged that absolute pixel size for
> text is a bad idea. Best is to use 1em or 100% or medium which correspond
> to the users' preferred font size for body text.
>
> line-height: 180% is okay although 150% is recommended.

> events at lists.openhatch.org
>
> at line 224 of
>
> http://lists.openhatch.org/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.css
>
> body {
>   margin: 0;
>   font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
>   font-size: 14px;
>   line-height: 20px;
>   color: #333333;
>   background-color: #ffffff;
> }
>
> Same thing here: absolute pixel size for text. Line-height should be
> proportional, relative to font-size.

This is really all details that whoever picks it up can take care of.
I was not suggesting that we copy either of them 1-to-1. I just want
something to be done about the urgh defailt mailman pages that are
uninviting.

Cheers
Lydia

KDE Community Working Group / KDE e.V. board member
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org