[kde-webmaster] kdenlive should feature on the multimedia page

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue Jun 12 13:05:54 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 12 June 2012 14:27:48 Ingo Malchow wrote:
> 2012/6/10 Roger Morton <ttguy1 at gmail.com>:
> > I reckon the non-linear video editor - kdenlive should feature on your
> > multimedia page
> > http://kde.org/applications/multimedia/
> >
> > I have no connection to the software (except being a fan of it). But you
> > will note that this is the top rated KDE Video application at
> > kde-apps.org
> > http://kde-apps.org/index.php?xsortmode=high&page=0&xcontentmode=221
> >
> > So I was kinda surprised not to see it listed on the mutimedia page a
> > kde.org
> >
> > Roger
>
> Hello Roger,
>
> Those app pages are rendered through a plain JSON file which -
> naturally - needs to be written first. This is not handled by the
> webteam, but the authors. So maybe they were just not aware of that
> option yet. You might want to ask them directly (you can write a mail
> to kdenlive-devel at kde.org mailinglist). In case they indeed were not
> aware you can forward them to us of course for guidance
> (kde-www at kde.org mailinglist).

Hello,

In fact, I did send an email to kde-www on the 15th of may 2012 to ask the
webmasters how to add Kdenlive to the kde.org app page, with a proposal for a
JSON file, but didn't get an answer until now...

I was not sure about the JSON file and didn't want to break anything, so if
someone can comment on it or give further advices on how to proceed, I am
listening.

Thanks

Jean-Baptiste Mardelle