[kde-webmaster] kdenlive should feature on the multimedia page

Ingo Malchow imalchow at kde.org
Tue Jun 12 14:35:30 UTC 2012

2012/6/12 jb <jb at kdenlive.org>:
> On Tuesday 12 June 2012 14:27:48 Ingo Malchow wrote:
>> 2012/6/10 Roger Morton <ttguy1 at gmail.com>:
>> > I reckon the non-linear video editor - kdenlive should feature on your
>> > multimedia page
>> > http://kde.org/applications/multimedia/
>> >
>> > I have no connection to the software (except being a fan of it). But you
>> > will note that this is the top rated KDE Video application at
>> > kde-apps.org
>> > http://kde-apps.org/index.php?xsortmode=high&page=0&xcontentmode=221
>> >
>> > So I was kinda surprised not to see it listed on the mutimedia page a
>> > kde.org
>> >
>> > Roger
>>
>> Hello Roger,
>>
>> Those app pages are rendered through a plain JSON file which -
>> naturally - needs to be written first. This is not handled by the
>> webteam, but the authors. So maybe they were just not aware of that
>> option yet. You might want to ask them directly (you can write a mail
>> to kdenlive-devel at kde.org mailinglist). In case they indeed were not
>> aware you can forward them to us of course for guidance
>> (kde-www at kde.org mailinglist).
>
> Hello,
>
> In fact, I did send an email to kde-www on the 15th of may 2012 to ask the
> webmasters how to add Kdenlive to the kde.org app page, with a proposal for a
> JSON file, but didn't get an answer until now...
>

> I was not sure about the JSON file and didn't want to break anything, so if
> someone can comment on it or give further advices on how to proceed, I am
> listening.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jean-Baptiste Mardelle

Sorry, that must been entirely missed that.
Fine, an example json file looks like this (Amarok as an example here):

{
    "name": "Amarok",
    "parent": "extragear/multimedia",
    "repository": ["git", "amarok"],
    "icon": ["git", ""],

    "description":

    "features":
    [
        "Dynamic playlists matching different criteria",
        "Collection managing with rating support",
        "Support for basic iPod, MTP and UMS music player devices",
        "Integrated Internet services: last.fm, Magnatune, Jamendo,
Ampache, mp3tunes and more.",
        "Scripting support",
        "Cover manager",
        "Replay gain support",
        "(more at http://amarok.kde.org/en/features)"
    ],
    "homepage": "http://amarok.kde.org",
    "kde-apps.org": 9939,

    "userbase": "Amarok",
    "forum": 127,
    "handbook":
"http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-multimedia/amarok/index.html",

    "irc": ["#amarok", "#amarok.de"],
    "mailing lists": ["amarok at kde.org", "amarok-devel at kde.org"],

    "cia.vc": "kde/amarok",
    "bugs": "amarok"
}

not all values need to filled out though. And for uploading the svn
part of our mainsite you'll need special priviledges, but you can send
your file here and we will of course upload for you.
Additionally you should provide an app screenshot, one as big as you
want ;) and preferably a thumbnail in a size of around 540px wide. As
side note, the default KDE color scheme is preferred, to have a common
look around all app pages.
I think that would be all to make us available to push Kdenlive to the
app pages.

Best,
Ingo