Joining KDE as Web developer

Ingo Malchow imalchow at kde.org
Wed Jun 22 12:53:15 UTC 2011

2011/6/22 Jay Patel <mynameisjay007 at gmail.com>:
> Hi Ingo Malchow,
>                         Yeah sure I would like to volunteer  for this search
> tool  for kde community forum.But  I will need ome guidance for that.

Sure, guidance is no problem. And also, it is nice to learn how
collaboration works in OSS, quite different to a commercial
environment. So first i would advise you to
1. subscribe to this mailinglist
(https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-www), which makes it easier
to keep you in the loop without the need to CC you.
2. like Thorsten has pointed out, join our realtime discussion chat in
IRC. Answers can be given even faster there.

About the forum, you probably first would like to set up a local copy
of our modifications, guide can be found at
http://community.kde.org/KDE.org/phpBB
This should give you the possibility to learn about our source control
(if you haven't yet), look through the code and see the results, and
get more direct questions.

Cheerio,
Ingo