Wiki feedback tools

Trever Fischer tdfischer at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 5 21:55:22 UTC 2011

Howdy.

Here at Randa, the KDE Multimedia team had a discussion on community building.
One major topic considered was the introduction of new developers. Currently,
Phonon has a total of two developers and we're always looking for more. As
part of introducing new developers, we're revamping our efforts across all of
kde-multimedia to document APIs, development processes, tools, etc

I went to review our current "introduction to phonon" tutorial[1] and noticed
a curious feature: The "infobox" on the right side displays the number of
happy and unhappy readers.

If an unhappy reader views the page, I'm 90% certain that they wouldn't go
through the effort to edit the page to say that they were unhappy.

It'd be neat if we could have a mediawiki extension, like
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:AjaxRatingScript on userbase and
techbase for immediate anonymous feedback.

Opinions? Please CC/reply-all me, I'm not subscribed.

[1]http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Phonon/Introduction