Plone CMS

Ingo Malchow imalchow at kde.org
Sun Jun 5 14:11:46 UTC 2011

2011/6/5 Lukas <1lukas1 at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Have you considered Plone cms? Feature list
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plone_%28software%29#Features probably matches
> all requirements, has strong community (with 340 core developers and more
> than 300 solution providers in 57 countries), is open source,
> http://plone.org/documentation/faq/scalability, etc
>
> p.s. i have never used it, but a few high rated sites are using it
> p.p.s Its written in python, is it a pro or cons?
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas

Hi Lukas,

thanks for making us aware of it. Unfortunately, even if they have a
big community obviously, we should be able to work with the sources
ourselves. And with that i mean most of the webteam, not only 1-2
persons. So it is rather unlikely to be an option for us. We probably
should have added "written in php" to requirements list. :P

Cheerio,
Ingo