[kde-promo] www/sites/www-devel

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Feb 5 19:39:46 UTC 2010

On February 5, 2010, Luca Beltrame wrote:
> In data venerdì 5 febbraio 2010 19:37:28, Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
> > do that, what is the process to do so? (e.g. how do i ensure that i won't
> > be duplicating other people's efforts; is there a peer review process,
> > etc?)
>
> Well, so far there isn't a formal process that I know (but I'm late to the
> party, Ingo, Lydia and the others may know more). At least recently, stuff

ok, i just don't want to get in anyone's way or assume that someone is working
on something if nobody is (and therefore not catch something before it falls
through the cracks!)

> is discussed on IRC and people split what's needed to do between
> themselves.

ok, i'll coordinate via irc for now as well.

> Contribution on the text, at least now, is done by editing the
> relevant bits (not necessarily the actual displayed files: some are
> autogenerated from JSON files, for example) and then committing to SVN.

ok; is there any special svn privileges needed for this, or can anyone with a
KDE svn account do so?

> > phenomenon"? it feels like something that should probably go around
> > http://community.kde.org/Promo perhaps?
>
> I agree with this.

great; i've started this:

	http://community.kde.org/Promo/Strategy/DosDonts

please, everyone, add and edit :)

> > * a small page on kde.org that delivers the "elevator pitch" for Plasma
> > Desktop/Netbook with a sidebar containing links to plasma.kde.org, etc
> > much
>
> Would the existing (and now empty) Workspace pages be what you need? Or is
> something you'd expect post-release?

i don't think plasma.kde.org wil be ready until the start of april. so if we
can have the existing-but-empty pages on www.kde.org filled in for the
release, that would be awesome.

> > * the links from the banner navigation in kde.org go straight to
> > plasma.kde.org and everything is there. in this scenario, the elevator
>
> Personally I prefer the first option. It makes that part of www.kde.org the
> "general view" on Plasma and then the interested parties can know more by
> going to PKO.

that would be fine by me. i'm not really very concerned about which direction
we go, i just want to know which direction it will be so i can help make sure
plasma.kde.org is ready on time.

thanks for your answers ..

--
Aaron J. Seigo