[kde-promo] www/sites/www-devel

Luca Beltrame einar at heavensinferno.net
Fri Feb 5 19:08:46 UTC 2010

In data venerdì 5 febbraio 2010 19:37:28, Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:

> do that, what is the process to do so? (e.g. how do i ensure that i won't
> be duplicating other people's efforts; is there a peer review process,
> etc?)

Well, so far there isn't a formal process that I know (but I'm late to the
party, Ingo, Lydia and the others may know more). At least recently, stuff is
discussed on IRC and people split what's needed to do between themselves.
Contribution on the text, at least now, is done by editing the relevant bits
(not necessarily the actual displayed files: some are autogenerated from JSON
files, for example) and then committing to SVN.

> phenomenon"? it feels like something that should probably go around
> http://community.kde.org/Promo perhaps?

I agree with this.

> * a small page on kde.org that delivers the "elevator pitch" for Plasma
> Desktop/Netbook with a sidebar containing links to plasma.kde.org, etc much

Would the existing (and now empty) Workspace pages be what you need? Or is
something you'd expect post-release? (The new page should be live on the 9th).

> * the links from the banner navigation in kde.org go straight to
> plasma.kde.org and everything is there. in this scenario, the elevator

Personally I prefer the first option. It makes that part of www.kde.org the
"general view" on Plasma and then the interested parties can know more by
going to PKO.

> * www.kde.org provides a full pitch for users for Plasma Desktop and Plasma
> Netbook and plasma.kde.org becomes a developer interest site (e.g. plasmoid
> writers, window effects plugin development, etc)

That's another good possibility. It mainly depends, IMO, on how much content
would be needed on www.kde.org.