[Kexi] Kexi development

Jaroslaw S kexipl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 12:40:45 UTC 2009

2009/12/23 Anne Wilson <annew at kde.org>:
>> Good Idea.
>> Even while Bob has no access to Kexi 2.x yet, a good start is to
>> carefully migrate 1.x documentation to the userbase wiki for
>> incremental updates. There are obviously parts of the workflow that so
>> not change (if we don't count screenshots).
>>
> I would suggest that we handle this in a way similar to the Plasma pages - we
> build the pages under the revision number, then the main page is redirected to
> the current revision while an infobox tells people where to find older
> versions.  The structure is partially set up, in response to a recent request
> to move file-format support information - see
> http://userbase.kde.org/Kexi/1.6/Text for an example.
>
> So we would start with creating the page Kexi/2.2/Kexi and then any subpages
> needed would be Kexi/2.2/PageName.  Does that sound OK?  The existing
> documentation can be put under the 1.6 section - I'll help with that if you
> wish.

That's ok, but I would prefer Kexi/Handbook/ path. No need to put
versions into the place (changes too quickly).
Thanks for the feedback!

By the way, I offered my help to the kde-www team regardingthe
breadcrumb links on the userbase/techbase.
It's a small taks but I still didnt get the access. Is there anything
that stops us from having the sites navigation improved?

(I am asking because people add a lot of navigation links by hand (!),
and also the language template is not the best way of handling things
- one could use e.g. mediawiki namespaces, otherwise searching is a
nightmare)

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 Kexi & KOffice (http://www.kexi-project.org, http://www.koffice.org)