openID error on userbase

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sat Dec 12 12:19:12 UTC 2009

On Saturday 12 December 2009 11:25:49 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Userbase seems to offer the capability to add several OpenID's to a single
> account - except that it doesn't work:
>
> Database error
>
> A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
> software. The last attempted database query was:
> (SQL query hidden)
> from within function "SpecialOpenID::addUserUrl". MySQL returned error
>  "1062: Duplicate entry '179' for key 'uoi_user' (localhost)".
>
> Whazzup here?

I've never been entirely happy with OpenID on userbase.  However, as far as I
know you should be able to ignore the blogspot one and add a gmail one,
associating it with your existing account on kde sites.

> (I'm trying to move my standard OpenID provider from blogspot to google, as
> the latter is easier to use - blogspot forces me to login using
> username/password, google just uses an existing login)

Well, I just tried creating an openid account using my gmail address.  It took
me to the page where you can associate it with another account on the wiki,
but I didn't succeed in making the association- it kept telling me that the
password was wrong.  You could try this page:
http://userbase.kde.org/Special:OpenIDConvert

and see if you have any more luck than I did.  OpenID is a great idea, but it
seems far from perfect.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group