openID error on userbase

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 12:48:01 UTC 2009

On Saturday 12 December 2009 13:19:12 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 12 December 2009 11:25:49 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Userbase seems to offer the capability to add several OpenID's to a
> > single account - except that it doesn't work:
> >
> > Database error
> >
> > A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in
> > the software. The last attempted database query was:
> > (SQL query hidden)
> > from within function "SpecialOpenID::addUserUrl". MySQL returned error
> >  "1062: Duplicate entry '179' for key 'uoi_user' (localhost)".
> >
> > Whazzup here?
>
> I've never been entirely happy with OpenID on userbase.  However, as far as
>  I know you should be able to ignore the blogspot one and add a gmail one,
>  associating it with your existing account on kde sites.

Thought so, but doesn't work.

> > (I'm trying to move my standard OpenID provider from blogspot to google,
> > as the latter is easier to use - blogspot forces me to login using
> > username/password, google just uses an existing login)
>
> Well, I just tried creating an openid account using my gmail address.  It
>  took me to the page where you can associate it with another account on the
>  wiki, but I didn't succeed in making the association- it kept telling me
>  that the password was wrong.  You could try this page:
> http://userbase.kde.org/Special:OpenIDConvert

Did, doesn't work :(

> and see if you have any more luck than I did.  OpenID is a great idea, but
>  it seems far from perfect.

Well, it actually works great for me, except that once I associated one OpenID
I can't associate another one ;-)

It works fine on community.kde.org, as I used my gmail there from day one.
Liking it - just click on 'log in with openID', click 'Gmail', click 'Login'
and it's done. I think the 'Login' step could be skipped, though ;-)