Announcements

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Tue Mar 11 07:14:20 UTC 2003

On Monday 10 March 2003 10:32, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:

> kdeaccessibility is not a single application release, but a package like
> kdenetwork or kdeaddons.

The latter are part of a KDE release. This doesn't apply to kdeacc<tab> (yet).

> > And, sorry :-), kdeaccessibility are only three very small programs.
> Well, I agree, Gnome has far better accessibilty support, but we have to
> start somewhere.

I didn't compare you to Gnome. The point is, once you are announced other
programs developed in KDE CVS want to be announced too (how long should the
announcement stay?) and the announcement part of kde.org will get crowdy.

Can someone please explain me the purpose of "Latest Applications" section?

> > Please go with a dot story which will appear on kde.org too for some time.
> I wrote a dot story for the beta release, it was silently dropped without
> explanation.

I'm no dot editor, but IMO you exaggerate with such an elaborative beta and
release candidate release cycle/announcements for such small programs. :-)

Bye,
   Steve