Make the new layout available for i18n pages

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Mon Mar 10 12:02:38 UTC 2003

On Son, 09 Mär 2003, Chris Howells wrote:

> I was thinking of creating i18n() function which basically looked up a string
> in an array (e.g. pretty similar to the way that the url mapper works in
> 404.php). The array could be generated from a particular languages .po file
> using a shell script or something. Well, we'll worry about that later.

hmm, but do we really want i18n() php stuff running while the users waits
for the page to appear?

I suggest to do a more static approach: regular xgettext which extracts the
strings of the "master" www pages, writes and writes / merges a .po file.
the translators can translate it and use a script to reassemble it in a
localized tree. then its still all static for the server.

this is probably a few perl scripts (maybe something like that exists
already, not too unlikely. did anyone google yet?)

--
Dirk