Volunteers ?

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Fri Jan 24 15:59:25 UTC 2003

On Friday 24 January 2003 16:39, Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 05:13, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> > nobody interested in helping out with the stuff in kde-www ?
> > Atm it looks like me and root66 are the only one working on something, or
> > are some of you working on something outside of the CVS ? If yes, drop
> > mail here to avoid duplicated work.
>
> I am looking at a few different things at the moment including getting the
> "You are here" to work properly like it does on usability.kde.org and
> sooner or later I will port usability across, along with some new content
> for usability.
For the You are here we only need one more var to specify how the root menu
should be named and to allow that the currently used page name is added at
the end, should I do that or do you want ?

> Does the title graphic for everyone actually work though? With
> class=invisible both Mozilla (1.0) and Konqueror (CVS head about a week
> old) don't display it and if I remove that class it gets displayed but
> directly below the blue part of the header not within the white band where
> it should be.
Works with current CVS konqui and the standard mozilla from debian unstable
here.

> Also can we move the search box to the left? Then the default selection in
> the dropdown can change relative to the content site currently being
> viewed. Personally I think the Search should be at the bottom as well as
> the menu should be structured well enough so the user can find what they
> want without having to search and searching should hence be a last resort.
>
> Another random thought, do we do anything smart with the RDF files at the
> moment like caching the html after we generate it or do we generate it with
> each hit? If we cache it we can also build it so if the file is corrupted
> or blank then we still keep the old news and avoid displaying those
> annoying errors. I'll have a look at this and if we don't already I'll put
> something together.
Atm we read it again and again, like the old page did, caching would be nice
;)